LGBTQIA+ Resources Off Campus
Local Health Services
- Health Brigade (formerly Fan Free Clinic) offers medical and behavioral health services to transgender patients. Resources also include LGBTQ Medical, Mental Health, and General Wellness Resource Maps.
- Virginia League for Planned Parenthood also offers services in primary care, sexual health, and transgender medicine.
- National Anti-Violence Project Hotline: Call 212-714-1141 24/7. Spanish available.
- Trans Lifeline: Call 877-565-8860 for "transgender people experiencing a crisis. This includes people who may be struggling with their gender identity and are not sure that they are transgender. While our goal is to prevent self harm, we welcome the call of any transgender person in need."
- Trevor Lifeline (crisis intervention/suicide prevention for LGBTQ youth): Call 866-488-7386 24/7; click on the link for text and chat options.
- Virginia LGBTQ Partner Abuse and Sexual Assault Helpline: Call 866-356-6998, text 804-793-9999, or chat (confidential instant messaging) 24/7.
Community Support Groups