University Student Health Services


Schedule An Appointment By Phone

Online scheduling is only available for flu vaccine appointments.

Monroe Park Campus

1300 W. Broad St., Suite 2200
Phone: (804) 828-8828
Fax: (804) 828-1093

Monday - Thursday: 8am - 4:30pm
Friday: 10am - 4:30pm

Summer Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 4pm
Friday: 10am - 4pm

MCV Campus

1000 E. Marshall St., Room 301
Phone: (804) 828-9220
Fax: (804) 828-3181

Monday - Thursday: 8am - 4:30pm
Friday: 10:30am - 4:30pm

Summer Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 4pm
Friday: 10:30am - 4pm

More Information

Immunization Hours

Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.

Welcome to Student Health Services

This Page At A Glance

Important Pharmacy Announcement

Summer Hours

Student Health FAQs

Quick Links: Covid-19, Mpox

Please Read Web Portal Messages



Student Accommodations

DIY Sick Kit

Free Condoms

All services, including immunizations, are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Telehealth appointments are offered for medical issues not requiring an in-person visit.

Important Pharmacy Announcement

VCU Student Health is excited to announce our new partnership with VCU Health System (VCUHS) Pharmacy, which aims to enhance the quality and accessibility of pharmaceutical care to our students.  As a result, our own VCU Student Health Pharmacy closed permanently in May 2024. 

  • Prescription holders are advised to schedule appointments with Student Health providers for a seamless transition to VCUHS Pharmacy or their pharmacy of choice. 
  • Student Health will continue to offer uninsured students a limited selection of low-cost prescription medications through the VCUHS Pharmacy. 
  • Click on the link for more information about pharmacy services.  Queries can be directed to 804-828-8828.

Summer Hours

Summer hours for Student Health clinics run from May 13 to August 9: Monday-Thursday, 8am-4pm & Fridays 10am-4pm (Fridays 10:30am-4pm for MCV).

A one-time summer health fee of $80 will be billed to students who use Student Health over the summer.  This fee covers all medical visits from Monday, May 13 to Friday, August 9.  Click on the link above to learn about eligibility and exceptions to the summer health fee.

Student Health FAQs

University Student Health Services is a nationally accredited health care provider that offers primary care services to VCU students. Two clinics are located on the Monroe Park & MCV campuses. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED & must be scheduled BY PHONE. Both telehealth and in-person appointments are available.

Who is eligible to use Student Health?  Students who have paid the semester health fee may be seen at Student Health. No health fee is required to use the Student Health Pharmacy or Immunization Services

What if a student is 17 years or younger?  Students under 18 will need to have a parent or legal guardian complete the Parental Consent Form prior to receiving medical care at USHS.

What does the health fee cover?  There are no co-pays for office visits once the health fee is billed each semester. The health fee does NOT cover prescriptions, referrals, some laboratory services, imaging tests, emergency room visits, etc.  

What about health insurance?  Student Health does not accept health insurance, so any additional clinic fees are self-pay. However, health insurance is strongly recommended to cover medical costs not included in the health fee. If you are uninsured, consider health insurance options through Medicaid or the Marketplace.

What payment forms are accepted at Student Health?  Student Health is cashless. Only major credit cards, debit cards, Rambucks, Apple Pay, & Samsung Pay are accepted.

Quick Links

COVID-19      Mpox

Please Check Web Portal Messages!

Secure messaging through the Web Portal is the primary means by which Student Health contacts patients. Email contact is not considered secure and private.

  • You will receive a text notification and/or an email when a secure message has been sent to you. 
  • Simply log in to the Web Portal with your eID & password to access your secure messages.
  • Please do not ignore messages as they often contain important health information, such as lab results, updates on vaccine requirements, etc.

Keep On Being Well (You@VCU)

Keep On Being Well is a new interactive resource aimed at improving the success and well-being of students.  The You@VCU platform uses responsive technology to help students find VCU resources and wellness content that matters to them most.  Create a personal profile, take quizzes to identify specific needs and interests, set goals, and interact with tools that are customized for you.


TimelyCare is an emotional and mental health resource available to students whenever and wherever they need it.  TimelyCare offers free 24/7 access to virtual care, self-care, and well-being tools.  Virtual services are provided by licensed clinicians and include emergency crisis counseling, scheduled therapy sessions, and health coaching.  Not sure if virtual care is for you?  Check out their self-help videos and resources for stress reduction and more.

Students With Disabilities

Students who have a documented disability & require special accommodations can contact the office of Student Accessibility and Educational Opportunity (SAEO). Health Sciences students should contact the Division for Academic Success (DAS) for assistance.‌

Take-Care-Of-Yourself Checklist

It's a good idea to have a small supply of self-care items on hand for minor illnesses. Make a DIY sick kit with low-cost over-the-counter items available for purchase at Student Health:

  • Antibiotic ointment
  • Bandaids
  • A digital thermometer
  • Pain relievers (acetaminophen/Tylenol, ibuprofen/Advil, naproxen/Aleve)
  • Allergy pills (Benadryl, Zyrtec, Claritin, or Allegra)
  • Cough & cold medications

Click here for a complete list of OTC products and prices available at Student Health.

Free Condoms
  • Use the RecWell's Condom Concierge to order free condoms, dental dams, and more.  Order pick-up is at Cary Street Gym.
  • Student Health also offers free condoms to students during in-person appointments.