- Students can request a 30-minute appointment at Student Health to discuss tobacco cessation strategies and treatments. Student Health also offers the following patient education brochures: Smoking Cessation - Quit Plan and Medications and Smoking Cessation - Helping Others.
- The Wellness Resource Center also offers great info, resources, and support for quitting tobacco. Students can stop by the Well to learn more or contact Linda Hancock directly at email@example.com or (804) 828-7815.
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW offers free phone consultations and support for smoking cessation. Those who use this free resource are more likely to quit successfully.
- This Is Quitting is a free app that offers smoking cessation help at your fingertips. Quit with strategies and support from real quitters. Free expert counseling is also available.
- Students who are interested in quitting cigarettes may be eligible to participate in a smoking cessation research study. Compensation is provided. For more info, click on the link or call (804) 628-7550.
Alcohol & Other Drug Use
The Wellness Resource Center
The Well offers a variety of support and resources to students with questions or concerns about alcohol and/or drug use. Examples include:
Substance Abuse Education
Have questions or concerns about a friend's substance use or your own substance use? Visit the Well to learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the Assistant Director for Substance Education and Recovery Support at (804) 828-2086.
- Concerned about your marijuana use? You may be eligible to participate in a VCU research study on brief treatment for problematic marijuana use. You must be 16-25 years old and have access to text messaging. All information is kept confidential. Compensation provided. For more information, contact Victoria Childress, MPH at (804) 628-6194.
Student Health Brochures