Women's Health Resources
Student Health Services
VCU Student Health offers a variety of women's health services to students, including:
Health Promotion and Well-Being Center (The Well)
The Well is another resource on campus that offers great student-oriented information about sexual health, STIs, and birth control.
Free Women's Health Services
- FREE IUDS & IMPLANTS: The Virginia League for Planned Parenthood recently received funding to provide FREE IUDs and Implants to patients who are uninsured and at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level. To learn more, contact Planned Parenthood's Richmond Health Center at 804-355-4538.
- PLAN FIRST: This program offers free birth control, STI testing, and other services to uninsured students (all genders) who meet income limits and other criteria.
- EVERY WOMAN'S LIFE: This program offers free pap smears, breast exams, and mammograms to low-income patients 40-64 years of age. This program also offers services to eligible patients ages 18-39 years who have abnormal pap smears or breast lumps.
- FREE HPV VACCINES: Students without health insurance can see if they qualify for free or discounted Gardasil vaccines by contacting VCU's Immunization Department.
- FREE CONDOMS: Request free condoms and other sexual health products online through the Well's Condom Concierge. Student Health and the Richmond City Health District (400 East Cary Street) offer free condoms to patients with appointments. Go to condomfinder.org to find more free condoms near you.
VCU offers lactation rooms on both the Monroe Park and MCV campuses for students and employees to breastfeed or pump in privacy. Click here for a map of lactation rooms on both campuses.
Student Health Brochures