Student Health is committed to working in partnership with students to address their healthcare needs. We encourage students to be well-informed and to be proactive about maintaining their physical and mental health. We offer patient education brochures and multiple other resources to help students stay physically, mentally, and academically fit. Click on the topics on the left to get started.
Campus Resources Every Ram Should Know About
Health & Wellness
- RamPantry @ VCU is a food pantry offering services to any VCU student, faculty, or staff in need.
- University Counseling Services offers free individual, group, and couple's therapy services to VCU students.
- The Health Promotion and Well-Being Center (The Well) offers resources, consultations, and presentations on a variety of health topics, including stress management, mindfulness, smoking cessation, alcohol/drug use, sexual health, violence prevention, and more. The Well is now offering the Resilience Lab, a new resource that uses biofeedback to teach students how to reduce stress. Click on the link to learn more about this free service. Students can also get free condoms through the Well's Condom Concierge. Check out the Well's Events Calendar for up-to-date info about wellness activities and virtual programs for students.
- The LiveSafe mobile app is a powerful safety tool provided by the VCU police. Use this free app to receive info from and send info to VCU Police about ongoing incidents in the VCU community.
- VCU Rec Sports offers students, faculty, staff, and alumni an extensive choice of amenities, free classes, outdoor adventure activities, wellness programs, and more. Check out the facilities at Cary Street Gym and the MCV Campus Recreation Center.
Academic & Career Resources
- VCU's Division of Strategic Enrollment Management & Student Success (SEMSS) offers a wide range of services to students, including financial advising and money management resources. Click on the link to learn more.
- The Money Spot at VCU is a peer-to-peer financial counseling service that is free to VCU students. Set up a confidential meeting with a money coach to learn how to create a spending plan, manage credit and debt, gain control of personal finances, and more.
- RamSafe is a free shuttle service for VCU students, faculty, and staff that operates 5pm to 8am, 365 days a year. It offers point-to-point transportation within specified boundaries on both the Monroe Park and MCV campuses. Rides can be requested by phone (828-SAFE), online (ramsafe.vcu.edu), or using the VCU mobile app.
- RamRide is a free shuttle service that travels to VCU's remote parking facilities Monday through Friday. Real-time status for each shuttle service can be tracked by using the VCU Ride Systems mobile app, also available on VCU Mobile.
- RamBikes offers free basic bike maintenance and repairs, bike safety classes, bike rentals, and more.