Student Health is committed to working in partnership with students to address their healthcare needs. We encourage students to be well-informed and to be proactive about maintaining their physical and mental health. We offer patient education brochures and multiple other resources to help students stay physically, mentally, and academically fit. Click on the topics on the left to get started.
Campus Resources Every Ram Should Know About
Health & Wellness
- RamPantry @ VCU is a food pantry offering services to any VCU student, faculty, or staff in need.
- University Counseling Services offers free individual, group, and couple's therapy services to VCU students.
- The Wellness Resource Center (The Well) offers resources, consultations, and presentations on a variety of health topics, including stress management, mindfulness, smoking cessation, alcohol/drug use, disordered eating, sexual health, violence prevention, and more. Check out the Events Calendar at the bottom of the Well's homepage for up-to-date info about student support groups and activities on campus.
- The LiveSafe mobile app is a powerful safety tool provided by the VCU police. Use this free app to receive info from and send info to VCU Police about ongoing incidents in the VCU community.
- VCU Rec Sports offers students, faculty, staff, and alumni an extensive choice of amenities, free classes, outdoor adventure activities, wellness programs, and more. Check out the facilities at Cary Street Gym and the MCV Campus Recreation Center.
Academic & Career Resources
- The Student Services Center offers a "one-stop shopping" experience for students with questions about their enrollment at VCU, registration, financial aid, student bills, etc. Stop by Harris Hall, Rm 1100 at 1015 Floyd Ave, call 828-1550, or click on the link for more info.
- The Money Spot at VCU is a peer-to-peer financial counseling service that is free to VCU students. Set up a confidential meeting with a money coach to learn how to create a spending plan, manage credit and debt, gain control of personal finances, and more. Call 827-0174, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Hibbs Hall, Rm 211 (M-F, 10am-4pm), to get started. Click on the link above to get to our Facebook page.
- Do the Math offers great info on financial literacy and responsibility to help you graduate on time and save money.
- RamSafe is a free shuttle service for VCU students, faculty, and staff that operates 5pm to 8am, 365 days a year. It offers transportation within specified boundaries on both the Monroe Park and MCV campuses, as well as between campuses. Rides can be requested by phone (828-SAFE), online (ramsafe.vcu.edu), or using the VCU mobile app (click on the RamSafe icon).
- RamAway provides free transportation during most University holidays and semester breaks to and/or from the Richmond International Airport, Greyhound Bus Station, and Amtrak at Main Street Station and Staples Mill Road.
- RamBikes offers free basic bike maintenance and repairs, bike safety classes, bike rentals, and more.
- RamRide is a free shuttle service that connects the Monroe Park and MCV campuses year-round. Five different routes are offered, including the new Express bus that services Cabell Library, Larrick Student Center, and Sanger Hall only. Real-time status for each shuttle service can be tracked using the VCU Transloc mobile app.