Military & Veteran Resources
- VCU Military Student Services (804-828-6563) helps students transition successfully from military to civilian life at VCU. Their knowledgeable staff assists students in receiving government benefits and accessing resources specific to the needs of service members and veterans. Please call for more information or stop by to connect with other students who share similar experiences and values.
- The Wellness Resource Center or The Well (804-828-9355) hosts Student Veteran Space, a drop-in support session offered in partnership with Military Student Services, Tuesdays from 4-5pm. Scroll to the bottom of the Well's homepage for their Events Calendar, which offers up-to-date info on great student support activities.
- Student Veterans Association at VCU (email@example.com) is a student-run organization dedicated to providing support and camaraderie to students who are veterans, as well as to students who are dependents of veterans.
- Disability Support Services (804-828-2253)
- University Counseling Services (804-828-6200 at Monroe Park & 804-828-3694 at MCV)
- McGuire VA Medical Center (804-675-5000)
- Richmond Vet Center (804-353-8958 or 877-927-8387) provides a broad range of counseling, outreach, and referral services to combat veterans and their families. All services are free and confidential. For more information about vet centers, click here.
- Give An Hour is an organization that provides free and confidential mental health services to post-9/11 veterans, service members, and their families. Services are provided by licensed professionals who volunteer their time and expertise.
- Veterans Crisis Line/Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-8255, Press 1 for veterans)
- Team RWB (Red White and Blue) is a nonprofit that connects veterans to their local communities through physical and social activities.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars or VFW (804-288-9597) is a veterans service organization dedicated to veterans service, legislative advocacy, and military and community service programs.